20 February 2009

Frustration

Many people are upset over this possible housing rescue plan that President Obama is proposing. I've been thinking about it, and I'm rather upset myself. I'm of the opinion that we should just let this thing correct itself. Very philosophical, very principle driven...the consequences would be dire, but saving everybody's ass because of bad decisions and random events is just not something we should do.

Anyway, since the federal government is borrowing all this money, and me and my kids (if I have any) will pay through the nose for it, I'm wondering where my cut is. Since people under the age of, oh let's say 40, will be begin footing the bill about 15 or 20 years from now, I want a little something now to compensate for the future sacrifices I'll be making. Now I don't own a home, so all this bailout isn't doing a thing for me. But all those people who kept sucking the equity out of their homes to finance their spending are going to get a break on repaying their debt. And me? Oh, well I don't get anything. I borrowed money to finance a lifestyle that I couldn't afford too, I'm not saying I didn't. So why don't I get special consideration in the repayment of my debt, since so many others are? It's the least society could offer me for footing the bill for everybody else. Modify my debt. Send me a check right now for about $20,000 to lube me up before you screw me, okay USA?

No comments: